Join a dedicated, big-hearted group of volunteers and Be a VOICE for people living with an ostomy. There are many ways to contribute!
Sponsor a Kid to Camp
Help Sponsor a Kid to Camp by donating. Click this link to go to the Ostomy Canada Society Donation page and click fund “Youth Camp.”
- Join our Board of Directors. Please see below for information.
- Become a Friendly Visitor (training & certification required).
- Helping Hands! Help pack much-needed Ostomy supplies destined for Developing Countries. This event happens several times a year. Students needing volunteer hours are most welcome! Forms confirming time volunteered will be signed.
Donate surplus ostomy supplies
These much-needed supplies are destined for people in need from countries around the world. To date, 52 countries have been supported by our annual contribution to Friends of Ostomates Worldwide Canada’s international program.
Watch “Giving the Gift of Dignity” for more information.
Due to international shipping requirements, suitable donations are restricted to:
- ostomy pouches
- skin barriers
- pastes and paste strips
- barrier extenders
- skin barrier /protectant wipes
- belts, clamps
NO LIQUIDS PLEASE.
If NON-PACKAGED, LOOSE ITEMS are donated, please ensure all items are easily identifiable by:
- company name (ex: Hollister, Convatec, Coloplast)
- product line (ex: Sensura, Mio, New Image, Surfit)
- system (ex: 1-piece drainable or non, 2-piece drainable or non).
- Ziplock bags that are clearly marked can be accepted.
The Niagara Ostomy Association is a volunteer, non-profit organization that provides practical help and emotional support to ostomates living in the Niagara Region and beyond.
Our board seeks applications from qualified and motivated candidates who are interested in promoting our Mission: To be of service and assistance to all people with ostomies in the Niagara Region.
Collectively, Board members have responsibility for governance and operational matters. We are a “working board.”
Currently available positions:
- Vice President
- Willingness to contribute knowledge and skills in your area of expertise, such as governance, finance, bookkeeping, IT, marketing, etc.
- Previous board experience, preferably in a non-profit organization, is an asset.
- Read the documentation in advance and participate in monthly board meetings (either online or in-person).
- Bilingualism would be an asset.
- Time commitment: 5-10 hours per month.
- Term: 2 years (may be extended)
How to Apply
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to express your interest.