Ask the NSWOC (Nurse Specialized in Wound, Ostomy & Continence)
The Niagara Ostomy Association (NOA) is pleased to offer this professional service.
Your ostomy question can be emailed to Roxie Demers (Nurse Specialized in Wound, Ostomy & Continence ) ( NSWOC ) who works for SE Health in Hamilton but resides in Niagara. Roxie can provide professional recommendations and advice to ostomates and their care providers.
- All content shared by Roxie Demers NSWOC,SE Health, is for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for training and/or education and should not be used as a substitute for professional nursing assessment and/or treatment. Please consult with your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you have regarding your health condition.
- This service is available only by email.
- Your privacy is respected and will be maintained. Your name, email address or any other contact information will not be shared in NOA print material or any other format. As a service to other members, your question(s) and answer(s) may be printed in the NOA newsletter, on our website, and in other means of communication. In this case, a pseudonym (alias) will be used in place of your name.
Following the submission of your email, you can expect an email reply within 3 to 4 business days. Please note that all recommendations will be generalized, and any issues should be followed up with an NSWOC visit or a visit to your MD.
If you need further assistance, you should schedule an appointment by calling the local LHIN at 1-800-810-0000 and request an NSWOC (stoma nurse) to visit you in your home for your ostomy issues.
To ask your question:
- Go to our website https://niagaraostomy.com/.
- Go to the About tab and click on Ask the NSWOCC located in the drop-down menu. You will be directed to a page where your question can be written and submitted. Fill out and submit the form below.
- Provide your name and general location i.e., St. Catharines, Grimsby, etc.
- Please remember, your name and other personal information will not be shared.
- Ask your question. Please be as explicit as you can, providing as much detail as possible. A follow-up email may be required to gain more information before an answer can be given.
- You may upload a photo or PDF file. File types allowed are pdf, gif , png, jpg, or jpeg.
Thank you for looking at our website and for using this service.