Ask the NSWOC (Nurse Specialized in Wound, Ostomy & Continence)
Ask the NSWOC is a private, free service your Niagara Ostomy Association provides in collaboration with Roxie Demers, NSWOC.
Using the form below, your ostomy question can be emailed to Roxie Demers (Nurse Specialized in Wound, Ostomy & Continence – NSWOC ) who works for SE Health in Hamilton and resides in Niagara. Roxie can provide professional recommendations and advice to people with an ostomy and their care providers.
- All content shared by Roxie Demers NSWOC, SE Health, is for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for training and/or education and should not be used as a substitute for professional nursing assessment and/or treatment. Please consult with your physician or other qualified health providers with any questions you have regarding your health condition.
- This service is available only by email.
- Your privacy is respected and will be maintained. Your name, email address or any other contact information will not be shared in the Association’s print material or any other format. As a service to other members, your question(s) and answer(s) may be printed in the NOA newsletter, on our website, and in other means of communication. In this case, a pseudonym (alias) will be used in place of your name.
Following the submission of your email, you can expect an email reply within 3 to 4 business days. Please note that all recommendations will be generalized, and any issues should be followed up with an NSWOC visit or a visit to your Physician.
If you need further assistance, you should schedule an appointment by calling the local LHIN at 1-800-810-0000 and request an NSWOC (stoma nurse) to visit you in your home for your ostomy issues. The LHIN might ask you to get a physician referral.
To ask your question:
- Fill out the form below.
- Provide your name and general location i.e., St. Catharines, Grimsby, etc.
- Please remember, your name and other personal information will not be shared.
- Ask your question. Please be as explicit as you can, providing as much detail as possible. A follow-up email may be required to gain more information before an answer can be given.
Thank you for looking at our website and for using this service.